Thread of POWERLOK is TAPTITE (triangular) shape, and it's designed to be the combination of thread angle of 30/60 deg., which gives an excellent vibration proof and shock resistance by improving the lock action due to external threads interfering into internal threads, when POWERLOK is fastened into tapped internal threads.
1) POWERLOK can provide small screwing torque and large retaining force.
2) POWERLOK demonstrates locking function at any position of the screw.
1) Pre-tapped sheet metal. (Unfit if there is some variation in the accuracy of female-thread.)
2) In the case where cost reduction is intended from fastening with washers and adhesives
3) Points requiring vibration resistance
4) Automobile, OA equipment, AV, mobile equipment, etc.